How To: Make Hipster Cutoffs
Hipsters can sometimes have covetable style. I am a huge fan of cutoffs and am loving the high waist rolled cuff right now. Instead of spending 20 or 30 bucks at the store, you can make your own!
1. Go to Value Village and purchase old jeans, best if they predate 1998.
2. If you can find button fly you’re golden (although I will regret this on a summer night of beers).
3. Cut them off with enough length that you can roll the cuff a couple times. If you don’t like the cuffs cut them shorter for the frayed hem.
4. Wash them to fray the hem a bit and get the thrift store stink out (might have to do that twice… See my How To: Thrift Shop – Clothing Edition)
5. Um, I guess that’s it actually. So easy!
Pair with oversized sweater cardigans, crop tops, wide brim hats etc. for the whole look.