How To: Work the Camping Chic Look
It’s the long weekend! And what better activity to do than to go camping. There are SO many great things about camping; fires, s’mores, spider dogs, drinking, nature… Another great thing about camping that can be overlooked is the sheer comfort of all the things you wear. It’s what we like to call “camping chic”.
I bet you have never heard the term “camping chic” before. That’s because we invented it! Last summer, we and some other girls went on a stellar girls camping weekend. We discussed how comfortable and carefree camping style is. In fact, I think the relaxation of camping is, in part, not caring what you look like!
Examples of camping chic include:
- Wearing bathing suit bottoms, a shirt and NO PANTS! Pants are just the WORST…
- Wearing the same thing at least two days in a row
- Over-sized tee’s and button ups, booty sweat pant shorts and anything mesh
- Got a hole or stain in your favourite shirt? Don’t throw it out, wear it camping! It’s all part of the look.
- My personal favourite, going au naturel… no make up and letting your natural hair oils do the all the work. Your beauty regimen involves swimming in the lake to get the surface dirt off. That’s it.
In real life, this might be considered letting yourself go. In camping life, it’s hot hot hot!
I have a quick DIY prepared for my camping trip this weekend.
I got this shirt as a hand me down from my Dad. (Interesting fact, he got it by trading the shirt off his back with a dude, what a deal!).
It’s already pretty good as is for camping, but as you can see, it’s super big and bulky and a little too warm. I love the peace sign so I’m going to add that personal homemade touch, and it will be perfect for camping.
I am going to test it out this weekend and there will be photos of my creation to come. I sure hope it turns out!
And I sure hope everyone has a GREAT Canada Day long weekend!
Give Peace (and oversized peace sign tee’s from your Dad) a Chance!